1. Outside Tour Reeves Gabrels Fly Guitar

post videos and audio of you performing or discussing anything and everything related to the Fly, NiteFly, Fly Bass, mods, or something "cloned"
vaya

1. Outside Tour Reeves Gabrels Fly Guitar

Post by vaya »

Reeves_Gabrels_Loreley_1996.PNG
Hello, is there any information about the guitar Reeves Gabrels is playing during this set? It at first glance it looks like a Bronze or Concert Fly but there seems to be some sort of MIDI system above the bridge?

colliderman

Re: 1. Outside Tour Reeves Gabrels Fly Guitar

Post by colliderman »

Funnily enough I'm pretty sure I saw this guitar for sale recently. Is that why you're asking?

If I remember correctly it was a custom one off built for him. I'll see if I can find the listing..
vaya

Post by vaya »

I didn't know about a sale. The metallic teal color and lack of pick ups while still sounding like an electric are cool to me.
colliderman

Post by colliderman »

vaya wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:47 pm I didn't know about a sale. The metallic teal color and lack of pick ups while still sounding like an electric are cool to me.
Haha ya what a coincidence! I think it's meant to be. It can be yours for the low price of 25K! :D
vaya

Post by vaya »

25k is a bit much. However if I ever get my hands on a Fly with messed up electronics I might build something similar.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

A guy in the FB groups recently converted a Deluxe to a poplar-bodied Concert by filling the cavities and repainting. In the last few years of USM production, you could actually order Flys without pickup routs (I seem to recall @dayn or someone else having a tangerine Deluxe with only RMC saddles as pickups).

Edit: Here’s a link to the public FB group post about the converted Deluxe.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
dayn
Forum Veteran

Post by dayn »

mmmguitar wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:18 pm (I seem to recall @dayn or someone else having a tangerine Deluxe with only RMC saddles as pickups).
Indeed I did - back when there was a Custom Shop I ordered a Deluxe in Tangerine, hardtail, no pickups or controls, empty control cavity. I then had RMC saddles added with an 8-pin DIN jack. Nothing else onboard.

Cool guitar.