Model name stamped on headstock

Discussions of every Fly in every variation including Deluxe, Classic, Mojo, Artist, Supreme, Stealth, Concert/Bronze, and custom Flys
rjsa00

Model name stamped on headstock

Post by rjsa00 »

Hi Guys,
First, I'd like to thank you for creating this forum, every Parker Fan will appreciate your effort.
I have a Fly Classic 97 according to the serial number; but It has the word "Guitars" on the headstock instead of the word "Classic". Have you seen anything like that?
Thanks,
R.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Model name stamped on headstock

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @rjsa00! Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for joining!

Interesting—yes, I believe the Classics and Supreme had labels that said both “Guitars” and the model designation. My 2003 Classic just says “Guitars”, for example.

Are you sure you have a Classic? Can you post a few photos so we can see what you’re referring to? You can upload photos by replying to this thread and clicking on the “attachments” tab at the bottom of the edit window.
rjsa00

Post by rjsa00 »

Hi @vjmanzo ,
Yes, I read once on the old forum about Supremes labeled Guitars on the headstock but never about Classics. Mine is 1997 and yours is 2003, I wonder why did this happen and how many of these guitars are around?
I'm out the town now but I'll post some pix as soon as possible.
Thanks,
R.
rjsa00

Post by rjsa00 »

here the pix.

Sorry about the upside down pix. I don't know how to fix them.
Attachments
IMG_4626a.JPG
Mr303
Forum Veteran

Post by Mr303 »

My ‘97 deluxe has the same logo placement with the main Parker logo on the front of the headstock and “Fly” logo on the back of the headstock just beneath the low e string. Nothing is stamped into the wood, the logos were silk screened as was the serial number
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Some Fly model names are stamped on the headstock

Post by vjmanzo »

FYI—I spoke with @Ken Parker earlier today and, in passing, asked about the “label” differences on the Classic through the years, and he said “I have no idea”. :lol:

To me, it sounds like an idea that was championed more so by the marketing team at Parker Guitars during those early years than by Ken and Larry, but I don’t think we’ll ever know for certain.

#FinishMatters
rjsa00

Post by rjsa00 »

Ha, The Man himself! Mystery still remains. Thanks VJ.
Mr303
Forum Veteran

Post by Mr303 »

I have only been around a handful of Parker’s and I always thought silk screening differences were more likely due to the person labeling that day than a planned pattern or style.
I kinda regret not buying the original fly silk screens when they were for sale a couple years ago.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Mr303 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:16 pm ...I always thought silk screening differences were more likely due to the person labeling that day than a planned pattern or style.
That’s my thought as well; I think Ken was alluding to that.
Mr303 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:16 pm I kinda regret not buying the original fly silk screens when they were for sale a couple years ago.
I’m curious: would you want it just as a keepsake or would you do something with it?
Mr303
Forum Veteran

Post by Mr303 »

Wanted the silk screen “ Fly” headstock stamp as a small wall hanger keepsake of guitar esoterica but I was too cheap to buy it!
I suppose it would have been cool to use it for a few business cards but knowing silk screens are delicate it probably would have been sketchy using it much.